From the book “How To Talk To Customers,” according to a study conducted by the Rockefeller Corporation of Pittsburgh
- Death - 1 percent
- A move or relocation - 2 percent
- A relationship with a salesperson - 4 percent
- Price and other relevant costs - 11 percent
- Dissatisfaction with the product - 14 percent
- Attitude of indifference from someone representing the company - 68 percent
Does that attitude of indifference ever creep into your workplace? If it does, you’re losing customers because of it. I was gobsmacked when I saw that figure. Almost 70 percent of business is lost because of a lack of interest being exhibited by someone. Wow! Time to do something about it. Immediately!
How To Talk To Customers by Dianne Berenbaum and Tom Larkin presents a systematic approach to dealing with customers with empathy, honesty and integrity. If everyone used their system, this world would be a much more pleasant place.